All airports with turbojet traffic should own or have access to a CFME. Skiddometer BV11 is the most reliable and accurate system for determining runway surface friction values.
The Skiddometer CFME system is designed for easy towing with any vehicle. It incorporates features and improvements gained from more than fifty years of experience. The product’s proven lifecycle cost is the lowest in the market. Only a few of the Skiddometer’s parts are exposed to wear, so maintenance and calibration are only needed once a year. The trailer is designed to last for decades and all models can be updated with current parts and the latest computer system.
WHAT YOU GET
- Reliability in all weather conditions: no batteries required, no complicated and failure sensitive hydraulic or pneumatic systems
- Simple, robust and practical design with measuring and reference wheels in line: redirecting reference wheel’s power to measuring wheel provides reduced drag and better stability
- The easiest calibration check on the market, confirmed with one button operation
- The most modern computer technology in the market
- Unique self zero adjustment
- Determine friction values, so corrective action can be taken
- Fast, continuous, accurate and reliable friction measurements for the entire length of the runway
- Can be equipped with self-wetting system to ensure safe runway conditions at all times
Low life cycle cost
- Aircraft can take more payload when friction is at a certain level (landing and take-off)
- Precise information for scheduling maintenance such as snow and ice removal etc.
- Precise information on need to remove built-up rubber
- Constant detailed information on the condition of the runway surface.
INTEGRATED SELF-WETTING SYSTEM
Besides using the Skiddometer during rain, slush, and snow conditions (operational use), the Skiddometer is also used for checking the runway surface condition and “rubber build-ups” (Runway Calibration), i.e. measuring wet friction at a water depth of one millimeter. This measurement is based on recommendations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and ASTM standard E 1960 – 98. Based on the authorities recommendations, the surface should be inspected regularly and the trend should be monitored.
Since wet pavement always yields the lowest friction measurements, we offer a self-wetting system which simulates wet pavement surface conditions and provides the operator with a continuous record of friction values along the length of the runway. The integrated electrical water pump and nozzle and are designed to provide a uniform water depth of 1 mm (0.04 inches) in front of the friction measuring tire. This wetted surface produces friction values that are most meaningful in determining whether or not corrective actions are required.
European World Trading Establishment
Hai Al Muhammadiyah – 4954, Dammam- 32432
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Jeddah | Riyadh
Whatsapp: +966 59 204 2446
News & Events